John Kleinsasser Gym (Hoffman Square)
- Located in the former Hoffman High School, John Kleinsasser Gym, a gymnasium offers an indoor games area for basketball, walking and other indoor sports. It is open from 8:00 am - 5:30.
- Contact: Muriel Krusemark, Hoffman Square Coordinator - 320-986-2598
- Located back of Hoffman Square, the well groomed softball/baseball diamonds offer a place for family or pick-up ball games. You must bring your own equipment.
- Contact: Muriel Krusemark, City offices/HEDA Community Center, 320-986-2598
City Park, Playground and Picnic Area
- Adjacent to Highway 27, the city park has a covered picnic shelter and additional tables, ideal for families and small groups. The well maintained park has a playground for children. No reservations are necessary.
- Contact:Pat Lawson, City Administrator,
- City Office, Community Center, 320-986-2598
Elk Lake Beach
- Elk Lake has a fine sandy bottomed beach with certified lifeguards during the swimming season. There is a dock and a diving platform. Swimming lessons though the summer recreation program and open swimming for the public are available. The beach is maintained by the City of Hoffman.
- Contact: Brad Frank, 320-986-2354, P.O. Box 227 Hoffman, MN. 56339, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elk Lake Campground
This is an old picture
of Elk Lake that was
given to the Ralph
- Located on the southern tip of Elk Lake, this city owned campground has 26 well-maintained sites. Reservations for monthly or seasonal sites can be made. Shorter visits are on a first-come, first-served basis. Campsites have electrical, water and sewer hookups. A dumping station is also available. A public watercraft landing and beach are adjacent to the campground. Open mid-May through mid-September.
- Seasonal , monthly and daily sites are still available. Please call Brad at
320-808-7180. or contact him at email@example.com. P.O. Box 227,
Summer Recreation Program
- Summer recreation for children of all ages is part of the West Central Area Schools community education program. Swimming lessons, softball, T-ball, and other sports are almost a daily occurrence. The facilities at Elk Lake Beach for swimming and the baseball/softball diamonds behind Hoffman Square provide the recreational facilities.
- Contact: Randy Walters 320-986-2056
Elk Lake Heritage Preserve
- Men and women who like outdoor hunting and fishing sports will find the excellent facilities at Elk Lake Heritage Preserve appealing. Hunting of upland game birds
in a beautiful natural setting is available from Sept - March. Guided hunts are
available by request. Two scenic lakes on the property are stocked for walleye
fishing. Shooters can hone their skills at sporting clays, and lodging and catered
meals are available for a limited number of guests as well as meeting facilities
for small groups.
- Contact: Ed Loeffler, Elk Lake Heritage Preserve, P.O. Box 422
- The Hoffman community is close to many fine fishing lakes offering a variety of pan fish and game fish species. Local persons are glad to point out what lakes are "hot." See the DNR for maps of lakes in this area. A fine assortment of live bait is available at Anderson's Dew Drop Inn.
- Contact: DNR Fisheries, 23070 North Lakeshore Drive , Glenwood, MN 56334, 320-634-4573
Andes Tower Hills
- Winter sports enthusiasts flock to Andes Tower Hills for cross country skiing as well as snow tubing. With three chair lifts for skiers and a tubing lift for the tubing enthusiasts, there is lots of action on the slopes. A comfortable warm-up facility with a snack bar and pro shop help make an enjoyable recreational experience.
- Contact: Andes Tower Hills, 4505 Andes Road SW, Kensington, MN 56343, 1-877-542-6337
Red Rock Golf Course
- Located in rolling hills with many beautiful old growth trees, the 9 hole, par 36, 3000 yard course has much to offer for both beginners and experienced golfers. If you don't golf, you can enjoy the view! Red Rock Golf Course offers both daily rates and seasonal memberships. Open from April to October, golfers hit the driving range and practice green to sharpen their skills or relax at the snack bar or pro-shop while waiting for their tee time. There is league play for both men and women.
- Contact: Jim Hanson, Red Rock Golf Course, 5167 County Road 25 SW, Hoffman, MN 56339, 320-986-2342, www.redrockgc.com